For proper delivery service, a tank should not be installed more than 80 feet from your driveway. This helps alleviate any problems of reaching the tank during the winter season.
All propane tanks must be:
- A minimum of 10 feet from any part of a structure, deck, storage shed, property line, air conditioning unit, electric meter, or any source of ignition.
- A maximum of 80 feet from a driveway.
An underground propane tank must be:
- Located in an area free of vehicular traffic and snow plowing in order to protect the dome of the tank.
- Installed in an area 12’L x 5’W x 5’D (500 gallon)
- Installed in an area 18’L x 5’W x 5’D (1000 gallon)